Warehouse Supervisor 3rd Shift
October 18, 2017
Manages subordinates within your designated area or shift within the warehouse. Is responsible for overall direction, coordination and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing; training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems from all employees within the scope of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly manage warehouse employees.
- Manage flow of material of all products from receipt to shipment to the customer via delegation to coordinators and area leaders.
- Assign daily job responsibilities to coordinators, area leaders, and hourly warehouse staff; and account for daily performance of the department based on interpretation of the daily workload and supplied labor metrics.
- Serve as a liaison between management and hourly employees, communicating all announcements, process changes, revised procedures, and other information, as well as escalate support requests from the floor.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees receive required and requested training on safety programs, equipment operation and certification, warehouse operations procedures, emergency action plans, and any other pertinent topics.
- Communicate, support, and achieve daily expectations.
- Continuously improve material flow, processes, and efficiency of all warehouse functions and employees.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping efforts of their assigned shift.
- Ensure charts are developed and updated as required to monitor and report daily performance, delegating to coordinators as appropriate.
- Manage projects as assigned and ensure project boards are maintained, delegating to coordinators as appropriate.
- Promote safety among all employees and visitors of Aurora Parts.
- Encourage and promote product improvement suggestions.
- Ensure the warehouse materials and equipment are set up for the oncoming shift.
- Assist the warehouse manager and industrial engineer in process evaluation and continuous improvement, as well as implement any re-designed processes or revised procedures or rules.
- Assist company safety leaders in ensuring the facility, equipment, and employees comply with all applicable OSHA regulations.
- Serve as a mentor for coordinators and area leaders to develop into future leadership roles.
- Ensure warehouse employees are complying with all Safety and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executives of Aurora.
- Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer (internal and external customers) needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Analytical- Ability to collect and research several data alternatives at once. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Can present both pure data and risk adjusted information clearly, quickly, and concisely.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively. Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions: Demonstrates general knowledge of market and competition; has general knowledge of process flow, is aware of inventory control.
- Strategic Thinking- Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Sets the example for attendance in the warehouse.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Demonstrates patience and approaches others in a non-confrontational manner to coach for improvement.
- Leadership- Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Managing People- Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent phone skills.
- PC, Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer knowledge.
- Attention to detail and task completion skills.
- Familiar with industry part numbers and warehouse processes.
- Warehouse or manufacturing leadership experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a warehouse work environment.
- Bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Infrequent land and air travel may be required.
- Generally limited exposure to physical risk.
- Comfort with working at elevated heights.
Qualified candidates should email resume along with salary history to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.